Making a selection from your own pictures is a pain in the ass. I know for sure now. Making a first rough selection wasn’t really that hard. I just selected everything I liked. But reducing the amount of pictures to a reasonable number is a little harder. And that is exactly what I have been doing. I managed to reduce the number of picture from 172 to 115.
Like I said before I’m making this book primarily for myself. And more importantly than the end result is the proces of making it. I really got to see that I have a lot of similar pictures while some aspects of how I experience aviation are underexposed. Really something to work on this summer.
Besides deleting pictures I’ve also tried to make a sequence of the pictures. Putting two pictures together who match for some reason. Either because of the subject, or because of the colours, lines or style. This was actually much harder than I thought it would be.
Up next I’ll select the coverphoto, try to find a catching title, look for the right font, start to write some texts and start to work with the ‘booksmart’ program. And of course I hope to take some topshots in the upcoming months!