Aviation related Soviet propaganda

on

I admit, I have no clue what they mean, but these Soviet propaganda posters look so cool! From fighters and flying propaganda machines to space rockets. Something for everyone.

Let us know what your favorite is in the comments below!

Advertisements

9 Comments Add yours

1. Indeed very nice !
    Love Russian aircraft, especially Yak-50 and 52. 😍
    Cheers, Etienne & Co.
    G-YAKM Yakovlev Yak-50

Liked by 1 person

1. apron6 says:

Lovely planes indeed. Hope to see you somewhere on a show in Belgium this year!

1. YES ! Maybe …
        But I am now flying Yak-50 (when not flying 747) with the UK Yakovlevs Formation Aerobatic Display Team 😍 So more likely during an Airshow in the UK … India …. or China !
        Cheers, Etienne.

2. apron6 says:

I might hop over to the UK somewhere this year. India or China are a little bit far… πŸ™‚

2. airscapemag says:

These are awesome. Thanks for sharing. The one showing the two benevolent cosmonauts is SO different from how the USA would have portrayed the Soviet space program. I hope someone comes through with the translations.

1. apron6 says:

Thanks! Glad you like it. I will do a post in the near future where I’ll take a look at the Western cold war propaganda. Could be nice to see some differences.

3. airscapemag says:

Reblogged this on airscape magazine and commented:
    My friends at Apron6 have shared these great Russian aviation posters. For all its flaws, communism certainly spurs its graphic artists to achieve more… Now, can you help by translating the headlines for us?

4. aerjacobs says:

I love this post. Soviet posters have long fascinated me, and ones about aviation are even better!

1. apron6 says:

They are pieces of art. And the aviation theme is a nice extra πŸ™‚ Thanks for liking!

Liked by 1 person